Protectors of Sandpoint
1. Current campaign is using Core Pathfinder rules only, but I may allow 3.5 material if it meshes well with the rest of the game rules. The following material is approved for use:
Advanced Player’s Guide
Bestiary I & 2
Book of Elves/Dwarves/Gnomes/Halflings/Orcs/Humans/etc.
Regional Companion Books (Taldor, Andoran, Osirion, etc)
The Scout Class from 3.5
2. Confirmed Fumbles and Critical Hits use the Critical Hit and Fumble Decks.
3. We are using the Storyline Advancement Point method for leveling for the Rise of the Runelords campaign. This means everyone in the party levels at the same time, at specific points in the story, based on their accomplishments. Hero Points will be awarded for great actions, RPing, or clever thinking.
4. We are using hero points out of the APG starting the first game in October. This means you all have one more game session to get away with using 1 point to stabilize vs death and spend points to help each other out. After that its two points to stabilize and you can only spend hero points on yourself, per the APG. I suggest everyone become good bloggers, since there aren’t currently that many points in the party. I awarded Bellaxarix a point for coming up with the idea to Message Cerie’s dad to see if he was nearby, and another point to Cerie for good RPing this last week.
1. Added free specialties and expertises to Knowledge skills.
2. Adjusted Appraise skills by requiring a specific field. Most merchants are going to appraise things unfairly in their favor by 25%-250% depending on what they think they can get away with from the PCs.
1. Squeezing – If you use your 5ft step to squeeze, you take no penalties unless someone has a readied action against you.
2. Cleaving on a charge – technically you cannot do this, since charge is a standard action, and cleave is a standard action. However, I can think of no more logical time to have a cleave actually work than on a charge, so I am allowing the use of the cleave feat at the end of a charge, assuming the other criteria for the feat to work are met.
1. Overland Flight and Fabricate are not commonplace or easily available.
2. Black Tentacles does allow SR to resist the effect.
1. Weapon auras are not stackable, ie-flaming, frost,shocking, sonic, etc. If you have one on your weapon, that is the dominant element for that weapon. Additionally, spells or effects that add a weapon aura do not allow stacking results.
2. More powerful magic items require formulas that need to be researched, rather than be auto-crafted like wands, potions, etc. Alternatively, they may be a commonly know formula, but require something like a dragons claw, wraith dust, or other hard to get ingredient to work. Additionally, stat enhancing items above +2 and strong skill enhancing items are going to be somewhat restricted, primarily due to the fact that they are not needed with a 10 character party and I really don’t want the extra headache trying to balance the encounters for everyone having +6 to their stats.